This last week has been a very productive week for me! I finished the Aurifil 2013 Designer of the month quilt top. All of the fabric in this quilt top was left over from a Fat Quarter Shop’s Among The Stars BOM subscription. Every month they shipped fabric to complete two blocks. They shipped so much fabric I was able to get another complete quilt top out of it!! Love that!
I also wrote up and posted a tutorial for the Grungy Windows quilt. I really love how this top turned out. It’s an easy quilt to figure out, and doesn’t really require a tutorial, but what I liked most was being able to show how to make it with pre-cuts. I tend to keep buying pre-cuts even after promising myself I will never buy another pre-cut again. Sigh…
As far as making my Paradiso square in a square quilt, I’ve only gotten so far as to sort my charms and jelly roll strips and then cut the jelly roll strips into 5″ and 9″ lengths for sewing onto the charm squares. Hopefully this week I will get the blocks finished and sewn into a quilt top. I’ll be using the extra jelly roll pieces to make strip sets for a border when the quilt is done.
I still have not written the blog post for my nephew’s Iron Man quilt. So I am aiming to get that done and posted as a Friday Finish post.
The fabric I ordered to finish the border for the 2014 Sugar Block Club quilt came in this week, so finishing that border is also on my list.
Hope you are all enjoying your summer! Happy sewing!!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Make Paradiso quilt blocks and assemble into a top.
- Write a Friday Finish blog post
- Make border for the Sugar Block Club quilt top
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!