Happy Tuesday!! How has your week been? Your weather? It’s been H.O.T. around here. Normally we keep the a/c set at 79 degrees at home in Arizona. Here? That baby is set at 76 degrees! All that tells you is that I’m a total wimp when it comes to humidity. There really is something to the saying “It’ a dry heat”.
I did have a flimsy finish with my Grungy Windows top. I don’t have a picture of it yet, but should get one later this week. This was such a great quilt to make that I’m going to write up a quick tutorial for it. Not like any of you experienced quilters would need a tutorial, but if I were a newbie quilter I think this might be a quilt I’d like to know how to make… and with precuts!
These Grunge fabrics all look so saturated I needed to use the black & white setting on my camera to check color values. I ended up moving a couple of the blocks around. This is an area where I am very weak as a quilter and need to work at improving my skills.
I was supposed to start working on my Paradiso quilt, but changed my mind and worked on a WIP instead. In January of 2013 I joined the 2013 Aurifil Designer of the Month BOM series and made all of the blocks except for the December block. Yeah. I made 11 of the 12 blocks and then stopped. Because I am a quilter and what else would I do but start, and finish, a bunch of other quilts before completing one that was most of the way done? I finished the last block on Sunday and will be putting them together into a top this week.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Assemble 2013 Aurifil Designer of the Month blocks into a top.
- Start Paradiso square in a square quilt.
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!