I am finally approaching the light at the end of the tunnel with my projects.
I finished the Pink Stepping Stones quilt on Thursday night. Just in time to take pictures on Friday morning and give it to my friend as a present on Friday evening. Whew! I’ll write all about it in a Finished Friday post later this week.
I also quilted the Batik Stepping Stones quilt and sewed the binding to the front. I will be hand stitching the binding down to the back during the evenings this week and will hope to have that finished and off to it’s recipient sometime next week.
Last week I said I would talk a little about why I was feverishly trying to get all of these projects done. This is the time of year where Mister and I prep for our summer. We’ve arranged for house sitters (Special thanks to my friends for helping out this year; You know who you are!!), and now we are spending the next couple of weeks scrubbing down the house and packing up the motorhome. We have an extra-exciting summer planned as we are in the middle of purchasing the most adorable little house in the Pacific Northwest. I have hardly been able to contain my excitement over this! Everything is going smoothly so far, and I’ve been making lots of decorating plans the past month. I have fabrics picked out for two quilts that I’d like to get done while I’m up there to help make it a bit more homey. I’m going for a farmhouse theme à la Chip & Joanna Gaines of HGTV’s Fixer Upper and Magnolia Market, so I plan on making a quilt out of my Feed Company by Sweetwater fabric. I think it will be perfect!
I will continue on with To-Do Tuesday over the summer, although my posts won’t always be sewing related. I do have a question for you though… Would those of you who have linked up a couple of times or more be interested in hosting a To-Do Tuesday? I thought it might be helpful to me during some of our travel times when I don’t have much internet access and fun for some of you to take a turn hosting. It won’t be hard at all. I will provide you with the linky code to insert into your post, and I will be sure to have a corresponding post directing people to your blog to link up. You won’t have to post the rules, because they’ll already be posted here. All I ask is that you post the To-Do Tuesday image with a link back to my blog. That’s it! If anyone is interested in hosting, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know if you’d only like to host once, or if you might like hosting twice.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish Binding on Batik Quilt
- Write Finished Friday Post
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!