I’m switching gears this week and focusing on quilting instead of bag making. I joined the Stepping Stones Quilt Along hosted by Jennifer, aka The Inquiring Quilter. The assignment for Week 1 was to pick out fabrics and I chose to pull fabrics to make two quilts.
Since this pattern is designed to work with precuts (10″ squares and 2.5″ WOF strips), fat quarters, and yardage, my first quilt will be made from Timeless Treasures Tonga Treats Batiks in Romance. I love these colors together, it just looks tranquil and calming to me.
My second quilt will be done in all pinks. These I pulled from my stash. A while ago I was in a stash-of-the-month club and collected quite a few fabrics that I wasn’t sure I’d ever use. After spending that kind of money, I decided that I really needed to start finding projects to use those fabrics in, and this one fits the bill. It feels great to find a quilt to put some of the stash to use!
I need to get the Week 2 assigned work done of cutting the fabric pieces. Wednesday is the new post/assignment for Week 3, and that will be to make the HSTs for both quilts. So I’ve definitely got to get my bootay in gear this week. You still have plenty of time to catch up if you are looking for a quilt along to join. I’ve also got another bag I need to start, so I hope to get fabrics and interfacings cut out for that one.
What do you have planned for this week?
This week’s To-Do list:
- Cut fabrics for both Stepping Stones Quilts
- Make HST’s for both Stepping Stones Quilts
- Start Tudor Bag
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!