Hello, my friends! Another week has flown by and my weekly sewing goals were accomplished. I actually got more done than I expected.
My goals for this past week were to get my backing finished for my Modern Insta Bee 2014 quilt top, baste the quilt sandwich and start quilting. I did not anticipate finishing the quilting until Monday. I started quilting Sunday morning at 10:20, took a half hour break for lunch, and finished by 4:20pm. Just in time to watch the Super Bowl [commercials!]. On Monday I trimmed and squared up the quilt, attached a quilt label, made the binding and sewed it to the front of the quilt. I even had time for pictures in good daylight! Woo Hoo! I only have to hand sew the binding to the back and I am hopeful that I will have another Finished Friday post this week.
An unexpected treat this week was the Mister finding an Elna Press at Goodwill. I was at work, but thankfully not too busy to answer his texts about whether to get this machine or not. I was a bit torn, since I just purchased a Steamfast Steampress from Amazon a month and a half ago. After he ensured that the Elna Press was in proper working order I told him to go ahead and buy it. The Elna is strictly a press, with no steam function. I like that for pressing quilt blocks because I never use steam when pressing those. The surface area is 10″ x 24.5″, whereas the Steamfast is 9″ x 20″. Each machine has its pros and cons, and I am grateful (and more than a little bit spoiled) to have both. We are likely to set up a summer home in a few years, so now I will have the ability to have a press at each home rather than lug one press back and forth. Yay for thrifty finds, and yay for the Mister spotting it!!
This week my goals are to get the binding finished on this quilt and to write a Finished Friday post. If I have some extra time I would like to get a start on the February Bag of the Month, The Window Shopper by Mrs. H. At the very least I would like to choose what fabrics I’ll be using.
How was your week?
Were you able to complete any items on your to-do list?
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish binding Modern InstaBee Quilt
- Write Friday Finish post
- Choose fabrics for Window Shopper Tote
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!