It’s another week! How did you do with your list last week? I didn’t get around to getting my Moxie blog post written, I just wasn’t feeling well enough this week. My brain sort of took a hiatus and the words would just not come freely. Speaking of, I’m sorry for the delayed blog responses and visits to your linked up blogs. I hope to do much better this week, since I have been feeling better the past couple of days.
This past weekend I prewashed all of the fabric for the Urban Churn Dash/Spiderman quilt. Boy, was that the right call. My first color catcher came out as red as the fabric! I ran it through again with two color catchers and they came out pink-ish. So, definitely the right call to get everything washed! Whew!
After washing the fabric, I got all of the pieces for the top cut out, and started sewing. The HST’s are sewn and cut in half, and half of the Flying Geese are done. I sewed the two fabrics for the 4-patch center in WOF strips and I just need to subcut those to make the 4-patch block. I’m hoping that I can get all the parts of the block sewn together by the end of Tuesday (as I’m off of work), and then get the top finished over the weekend. I’d really like to be ahead of schedule on this quilt, since I ended up so far behind on the other.
I spent Saturday with my boss/co-workers teaching them to sew this cloak tutorial from Finding Storybook Land. My boss and her daughter (actually, my friends!) wanted to make hooded cloaks for their granddaughters/nieces. Neither women had any sewing experience, so I had a very enjoyable day teaching them the basics of their machine, how to clean and oil it, and some basic apparel sewing. They did all the sewing, all I did was explain the instructions and guide them when they had questions. I was blown away at how quickly they picked up sewing, and how wonderful their cloaks turned out. It’s so great being able to share this skill with others… I hope they enjoyed the experience as much as I did!
What are your plans for this week?
This week’s To-Do list:
- Write Moxie 2 Quilt post
- Continue making Urban Churn Dash blocks, complete top.
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!