Happy Tuesday! I cannot come up with a good title for this blog post, so I’m just leaving it with the date. I was going to go with “Food Poisoning 1 – Christine 0” but that’s just not pithy. Or appealing.
Yep, I had a run in with food poisoning and lets just say it put me down for the count for a good 24 hours. One minute my daughter and I were happily getting started on piping colorflow frosting onto 101 cookies, and the next minute I was pale, shaky, nauseous, and headed for the floor or the nearest bed to keep myself from passing out. And everyone who has ever experienced food poisoning, or knows someone who has experienced it, knows what comes next. To say that I was so disappointed that my cookie baking and shipping plans were ruined and that I will have to re-bake 100-ish cookies next week is an understatement. But, I survived and am feeling so much better. Not 100%, but at least 1000 times better than 36 hours ago (as of Monday evening)! I’m also more than a little curious about what I’ve done that is so bad that karma has nailed me twice this year during holiday cooking plans!
I did finish the Hippo Hobo bag and was able to get a Finished Friday post written. I just love this bag and have plans to make one for myself. Yay for a finish! Since I won’t be starting Josh’s quilt until March, I am planning on making a quilt for the Mister. I bought a motorcycle themed quilt kit two years ago when we were visiting Sturgis, South Dakota. He used to live there, and since he enjoys motorcycles I thought it would be a great quilt for him. I’ve had it sitting on a shelf for far too long, and it looks like an easy enough pattern that I should be able to get this one done quickly (famous last words, eh?!).
I was going to go for a new cross stitch start over the weekend to break up stitching on Burlesque Zombie Portrait, but obviously the food poisoning thing put a monkey wrench in that. I have picked Stitchrovia’s I Love You So Very Much cross stitch pattern. It looks like something that will be give me the satisfaction of a finish with a few weekend evening stitching sessions. I will talk more next week about my plans for quilting, sewing, and cross stitching in 2017 along with my intention to only “Stitch From Stash”. I have been thinking about this for a while, and have what feels like a workable plan for me.
How are your sewing plans coming along for December?
I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Holiday Baking and Shipping
- New cross stitch start
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!