I’m late! I’m late! For a very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I’m late! I’m late! I’m late!
Here I am, just sitting in my kitchen drinking a nice hot cup of coffee (black, of course), when I look at the Mister and ask… “Is today Tuesday?” His reply, “Yup.” Mine? “OH CRAP! I forgot to write my post!!” *sigh* This past week just flew by!
My week pretty much consisted of Thanksgiving prep and cooking and eating and cleaning (and there has been much consumption of leftovers), throwing up the Christmas decorations, and working on the MQG Quilt Con Charity quilt. As an Individual Member, they put us into geographical Bees so we could participate in making a quilt for Quilt Con. I’m in the Southwest group. After QC is over the quilt will be donated to a children’s charity in Austin, TX. We used Anna Maria Horner’s Feather Quilt pattern (with her permission), but we arranged the blocks differently. So I spent the weekend pressing and trimming blocks and then sewing them into a quilt top.
The picture is pretty bad, as Mister was given strict instructions to “PLEASE don’t let the quilt touch the ground. It’s white. And it won’t be washed before going to Quilt Con.” Although he is 6’1″ tall, it was still a pretty impossible instruction to follow what with me not bringing a foot stool for him to stand on and having the quilt be over 80″ long. So, yes, there was some kissing of the quilt to the concrete. He had to tuck himself into our porch area because it was so windy and I also happened to not be in the right spot and backed up to a short wall, so the entire quilt is not in the picture. I didn’t have the heart to ask for more, since his arms were killing him trying to hold the quilt up so high. Oops!
The quilt is on its way to a quilter in our group and hopefully when it’s done we’ll get a better picture!
Now this week I have to get back on track with Christmas sewing. I also have a quilt due to my niece the beginning of January for her birthday, so I’m starting to stress. I really wanted to avoid the frantic sewing this year, but managed to do the same thing as I always do… commit to more projects than I can manage and then speed sew my way through Christmas. I’m sure I’m the ONLY one who does that, right?!
Okay, enough typing I have Christmas sewing to get to!
This week’s To-Do list:
Finish Sew Together Bags12/7
- Sew another secret gift (No specifics; that person probably reads my blog!)
- Make 4 or 5 Boxy pouches. Might need 7. Need 6. Cut out all pieces needed and interfaced linings. Quilted exterior panels of two bags.
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Remember, you can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
Are you sewing for Christmas this year? Or are you doing what I should be doing and buying gifts?