Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! Last week my main goal was to finish testing a bag pattern for Sew Sweetness. I made all three sizes of the bag pattern, and I have to tell you… I LOVE it! I can not wait for the pattern release so I can share this bag with you all. It is super handy and as soon as I finished emailing my pictures and tester notes, I put the bags to work! I should be able to share pictures soon as all tester notes were due by Monday the 15th and she plans on having this pattern available before the end of the month!
Having enjoyed the challenge of a new pattern (and a bit of a complex one at that!), it was nice to get back to work on Monday by making a project bag. I would like to get at least three done this week. I had one almost finished by Monday, but needed to get some grocery shopping done in the late afternoon. So I still have the binding to add onto the one pictured above. I will be making another bag out of the same Alexander Henry Nocturna print along with the Tula Pink Lazy Stripes accent print in red. The third bag will be the wedge shaped zip top pouch and that will be made out of the Blackbird Designs/Moda Sampler print (it’s an OOP fabric). I’ve had this bag cut out and ready to sew for months and I really want to get it done! I’ll be sewing it on my vintage Singer 301. I’d like to know if this vintage machine can handle bag making as well as my Brother PQ1500S (it should!) and if it does I will be leaving this machine here when we go back to AZ in the fall. That way I don’t have to lug the Brother machine back and forth from one state to the other. I’ll let you all know how it works!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Sewing: Two Nocturna Project Bags
- Sewing: Sampler Project Bag – Test 301 Machine
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!