Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! We are slowly making our way to getting into a routine. After getting the room set up, I saw on the Sew Sweetness Pattern Testers FB group that a new pattern was available to test. I decided that this would be a good way to get started sewing. Unfortunately we’ve had a lot of things going on so it’s been a lot of stopping and starting on this pattern over the past week. The pattern comes in three different sizes, and I cut out fabrics to sew all three. I finally got the largest bag finished on Sunday, and started the medium size on Monday. Tuesday has us out for a special lunch at mid-day, so I know I will be having a late start sewing in the afternoon. I was hoping to be able to finish both the medium and small by Tuesday, but it’s just not going to happen. Looks like a Wednesday finish for me, then photos and tester notes will be sent to Sara Lawson. The deadline is the 15th, so at least I’m not cutting it too close!
I can’t show pictures of the bag I’m testing, but I can show the fabrics I’ve chosen to make the bags out of. I decided on Tula Prints from three different lines: Elizabeth, Fox Field, and Chipper.
Although they are from different lines, the similar colorways should make for a cute bag set. The pattern is due to release later this month, so you all won’t have to wait too long to see these bags. I have to say, I love this pattern and I think the bag will come in super handy. I can’t wait to get these sewn up and my pictures taken so I can start using them!
As far as stitching goes, I did get more of the dress done on the Lady of the Flag by Mirabilia. I am starting my one-week rotation back up, so this is all the stitching I will get done on her this time around. Next time I should be able to start working on some of the flag.
This week’s stitching WIP I will be working on Away We Ride by Blackbird Designs.
This week my plan is to finish the bags for the pattern testing and get my pictures taken and notes sent by Wednesday evening. I also need to get some project bags sewn, so if I could get two or three done by the end of this week I will be very happy!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Sewing: Finish Sew Sweetness bag pattern testing
- Stitching: Away We Ride
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!