Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! Well. This past week was one of several finishes; one quite epic, if I do say so myself (and I do)!
I did finish the remaining four of the six Harry Potter bags I had cut out, and was quite thrilled with that! Only 5 are shown in the picture above because I hadn’t finished the sixth bag when I took that picture.
I also finished a gift for a sweet viewer of my Flosstube channel who has sent me several gifts herself. She comments on every single video and leaves the kindest, most encouraging comments. Since she is from Canada, I do hope she’ll love the bag. She is a knitter, so I’m hoping this style of bag will work out well for her!
This week the finish that really has me chuffed is Cardinal Points by Long Dog Samplers! I expected to actually have it finished by the 9th or 10th of this month, but I had it finished by the 6th!! I did have two people message me about errors they found in my posted picture, and thank goodness they did! I was able to fix them later, and then happened to discover NINE more errors! I stitched this to be a shop model for a cross stitch/quilting/yarn shop in Windsor, California called Threads Entwined. I actually had the piece packaged up, postage printed and ready to mail when the second error was pointed out to me. I’m forever grateful for that message, as I was able to really look the piece over and have Brad look it over too, and get everything fixed before I mailed it off. I was so anxious to get it mailed that I forgot to take a picture of it after I corrected everything. So if you’re bored, feel free to blow up the image above and find the errors in the flowers in the border! LOL!! (There are 10 total, if you find more, DO NOT tell me since the shop received it today. Hahahaha! But, seriously, it would drive me bonkers if I knew there were still more errors now.)
So this week I have one last bag to make. A very sweet cross stitch designer asked if she could send me fabric to make her a bag. I am delighted that she thought so highly of me, so I am going to get that done by Tuesday evening. The rest of this week and next will be our preparation to head north for the summer. Now I really have to get to packing and cleaning! No more delays (I hope)! As far as stitching goes, I’m picking back up Poison Garden for one week.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Sewing: One Project Bag
- Stitching: Poison Garden
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
10 thoughts on “To-Do Tuesday 6-11-19 | An Epic Finish!”
You my dear are amazing! Congratulations on such an amazing and, yes, epic finish! It’s gorgeous!
Thank you so much!! I truly loved stitching this piece!
Hi Christine! That bag for your knitting friend looks amazing. I’m absolutely certain she will just love it and the fabrics are really cool. Your list for the week will be out of the way in no time – well the one bag that is. Packing for the trip north is essential plus you’ve had extra time or longer than you expected right? Good luck for a productive week. ~smile~ Roseanne
Thank you so much, Roseanne! I do hope she’ll love it! I have been keeping a mental list of what I want to take, so it shouldn’t take me too long to throw everything into a couple of boxes and be ready to go!
I love your stitchery’s – how anyone found mistakes is unbelievable to me they must have sat at the computer just looking and looking at the photos!
Thank you! The two people who found the errors are ladies who have actually stitched the piece before. So I’m sure they had some of their own errors to fix and wanted to make sure I caught mine before I sent it off to a cross stitch shop to be permanently displayed. Thank goodness they did! One of the errors was quite noticeable, as it was some of the leaves that came off one of the flowers. But the little flowers in the border… that was some eagle eye looking right there! It definitely reminded me that I have to check over my stitching a little more than I already do!
Christine, your cross stitching is breathtaking! How do you even go about fixing those errors once you’ve continued stitching past them? Do you have to pull out everything past the error point until the point where the thread ran out and you started a new thread? Your bags look fantastic, too!
Hi, Rebecca! The three flowers where I had to remove a stitch I did have to take out stitches to get to that particular stitch that needed to be taken out. However, I was super lucky on all three flowers because I had JUST ended off the length of floss I was stitching with shortly past that errant stitch. So I was able to easily find the end, remove somewhere between 5 to 10 stitches, fix the flower and end it back off. Super lucky in that regard, otherwise I would have had to snip the unneeded stitch, unstitch the area around it until I had thread tails long enough to weave under the back and then restitch the whole area. It’s a pain when you have to do it that way, but it’s not too difficult to get done. I just take a big sigh, tell myself to put my big girl panties on and spend 10 minutes to fix the errors and then move on.
Pretty projects, all of them! Cute bags, and your embroidery is beautiful
Love the Harry Potter project bags. The Canada bag is cute. Sorry about the mistakes. Glad you could fix them.