Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! This week is graduation week for us here. We had our summer plans changed for us here by the dentist office today. Callie was supposed to have her bridge put in, but apparently they had her way too numbed up when they took the impression so her bite was far off. They took new impressions today and we have an appointment mid-June to get the corrected bridge put in. So my husband and I have decided to delay our trip up north and make it after the appointment. It seems I will have a couple more weeks of sewing time here before we leave now.
This past week I assembled the Marina Unisex Crossbody Bag I had cut out last weekend. This bag was made for Callie to use as a computer bag. I decided to add two inches to the pattern height to accomodate her laptop.
Callie decided that the only pocket she wanted from the pattern was the exterior zippered pocket on the back. I omitted the front slip pocket and flap, as well as the interior slip pocket and the interior zippered pocket.
I really enjoyed sewing this bag. The cork was a bit bulky for top stitching, so I made sure to trim the seam allowance as far back as possible, as well as trim the foam interfacing back to just a skosh beyond the seam allowance. I ended up with just a couple of skipped stitches, but nothing bad, thankfully. I had to hand crank the machine for some of the stitches on the seams, but all ended up working well. Super happy with how this turned out, and Callie loves it too.
I also continued my work on Cardinal Points. I didn’t get in as much stitching time as I’d hoped for, but I still made some decent progress.
This week the Mister and I will be working on a new plan for summer this week. If I have time for any sewing, I’ll likely get a few more bags done to put up for sale. I’ll also be continuing the work on Cardinal Points. Hopefully I’ll get a finish on Page 4 and a start on Page 5 before next week!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Sewing: Project Bags
- Stitching: Cardinal Points
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!