Happy Tuesday, friends! I have lots to share this week, so I will get right to it! First, I did get all of my bags sewn last week, but it was a struggle to get through. Last week was just one of those low energy weeks, so my sewing ended up spilling over onto Saturday. Here’s a collage of last week’s bags (I made two of the Darth Vader Sugar Skull pouch style bag):
I also had another stitchy finish. I’m stitching up a project for a Stitch and Give event that will be at a stitching retreat I will be attending next week. It is called Traveling Stitcher from Little House Needleworks. It is intended to be sewn onto the front side of a pouch. The pouches are no longer available, but I have ideas on how to sew my own pouch/envelope to attach it too. I hope to get that done over the coming weekend.
I also have been having some serious issues with my evenfeed foot. I have a Brother PQ1500S and I realized that the foot was so worn out that it wouldn’t feed fabric through properly any longer. My 4mm stitch length was at about a 1.5mm length. Fabric would float through the feed dogs and foot, so I couldn’t get a straight line sewn. I went to buy a replacement, but discovered that the evenfeed foot for the high speed straight-stitch machines (the Brother, Janome 1600D, Juki TL-98) all cost $99. I found it on sale for $79. That still seemed really high, and after some searching on Amazon I found a likely replacement that, according to reviews, was a match for these kinds of machines. The foot cost $36.05, plus $4.94 shipping (affiliate link). I received it a few days ago and it is a perfect match! I had actually forgotten how noisy my original evenfeed foot was until I got this new one! I had worn the parts out on the old one so much it became very quiet! I’m getting used to the noise again, and now my machine is stitching perfectly. I am so glad I found this foot at a reasonable price!
A fun purchase I made was this clock. This image is from a foundation paper pieced pattern created by Kristy of Quiet Play. She has a few items being sold through Society 6 and the moment I saw the clock I knew it would be perfect for my room. I absolutely love it! I happened to catch it at 20% off, so I was super happy about that!
This week I will be sewing bags, but they are all going with me to the retreat next week. As part of my pouch for the Stitch and Give I am also stitching up a small Needle case. So I will be stitching on that this week. I look forward to seeing what projects you all are working on!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Sew bags
- Stitching WIP: finish Needlecase and create pouch/envelope for finishing needlework
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!