Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! This past week whizzed by. My mind was so busy with so many things. Mainly planning out the soon-to-be sewing room.
I did manage to get three bags sewn. I made two of the Frog Prince bags. One as a gift for a friend and one that sold rather quickly on my Instagram Destash account.
I ended the week with an Alice bag made on Friday afternoon. I love this fabric, and sadly that bag was made with the last few pieces I had of that fabric.
The weekend ended up being incredibly busy. The mister and I were back and forth at the home improvement stores searching for paint chips and then going back for paint samples. We settled on two colors, and then today I decided on the lighter color. Of course, I had to paint over the darker swatch on the wall and paint a ginormous square of the lighter color to be sure that I really did like the lighter color best. Having those two colors painted together really messed with my head for a bit. We were going to paint poster board to hold up on the wall and just decided to paint on the walls. Now I know why painting poster board would have been better!
I also spent all day Sunday researching various IKEA furniture dimensions and graphing them and cutting them out. My husband made me a graph of the room dimensions, so it was good for me to take the graphed furniture pieces and place them on the paper to see what furniture combinations worked best. It took all day, and some of Monday morning, but I finally settled on a plan. We taped out the furniture dimensions on the floor, and then I brought in my sewing machine, steam press, and serger to make sure they would all fit on the table I designed. Success!! Now we need to finish cleaning the walls, closet doors, and carpet to remove teenage boy grime, paint, and then we will make a trip to IKEA in Las Vegas. I told the Mister I wanted to make this my crafting dream room and he said, “Let’s make it happen!” Talk about being one happy girl!
This week I need to make more bags and work on cleaning the room. That is ‘all’ that is on my plate! I hope you are all well and I hope to catch up with ya’ll this week!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Sew bags and cut more
- Clean & prep the sewing room for painting
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=815737 mode=1]