Hello, and Happy Tuesday friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween, if you celebrate the holiday!
This past week I met my goal of finishing the scroll frame cover. It took me a morning of working the maths with my husband to make sure I would get my first attempt right. It’s a simple cover that simply wraps around a cross stitch scroll rod frame. The math part came in because this particular frame is adjustable in height. I used invisible magnets to secure the cover, so I had to place two sets of magnets in case the scroll rod was used at its full height or its lowest. One bonus feature was that the scroll rod cover actually happens to be reversible! I used Alexander Henry’s Sea Siren print in two different colorways for this test cover. I haven’t heard if it needs any adjustments yet, but I’m hoping I got it fairly well right from the beginning.
I also finished one of two coffee charts as a sample for a new cross stitch shop that is to be opening shortly in Windsor, CA, Threads Entwined. This is Coffee and Friends from the Cool Beans series by Hands On Design.
I started the second chart–Hug in a Cup–on Saturday, but am not making as quick of progress as I’d hoped on this one. I’m hoping for a Wednesday finish at this point.
I also want to take a moment to share the blog of a favorite floss dyer. Nancy of Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe. Nancy’s flosses are amazing. She dyes 20 yard skeins and the quality of her floss and the perfection of her dyeing is out of this world! Her skeins are also a fantastic price. She does gift sets of 12 skeins for $27.99 plus shipping. Remember though, her skeins are 20 yards!! Nancy also does giveaways for her flosses ALL THE TIME. I want to share two of those giveaways. The first one is her annual Be Ye Thankful giveaway. She’ll be putting together a collection of items to giveaway. You can find all the details on how to enter on her blog post HERE
Nancy has a second giveaway going for her Kindred Spirits collection. This is a gorgeous collection of flosses and her gift sets always sell out quickly. My fingers are crossed I might be able to win this giveaway. Be sure and go to her blog post to enter for your chance to win too! You can find the post HERE.
This week I will be working on finishing the Hug in a Cup chart and getting this in the mail to the new shop. I also hope to do a little bit of sewing as well! I hope you all are having a great week and I hope to check in with you soon!
This Weeks To-Do List:
- Finish Hug in a Cup and mail finishes to shop
- Do some sewing!
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=805455 mode=1]