Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! I’ll wish you a Happy Halloween now too, although I’ve been so busy the past week I’ve hardly had a moment to get ready for the day! We’ve been so busy and I ended up scrambling to get my sewing done in the past four days. With that, I will quickly jump into what I accomplished this past week.
Since Thursday I have made two project bags, two coordinating clear vinyl front accessory bags, and two other accessory booklets (not shown). I still have the cross stitch scroll frame cover to sew. I was really nervous about cutting into that Hard-To-Find and Out-Of-Print material, so I saved that one for last. I will tackle it first thing Tuesday morning.
As far as stitching goes, after 15 total stitching days, this is where I am with my Poison Garden piece by Chatelaine Designs. I think that’s a great amount of progress and I am setting this one aside now.
After stopping work on Poison Garden, I picked up the Patriotic Sampler by Jeanette Douglas Designs. I wanted to get this piece finished, and I was able to do so with two evenings of stitching. I absolutely love how this one turned out. I need to find a frame for it (the one I planned on using is just a bit too small), stretch it around some foam core and have this one fully finished off!
I also started working on a new stitching piece. There is going to be a new needlework shop opening in Windsor, CA very shortly. It is called Threads Entwined. The shop owner put out a plea for help with some sample stitching on Instagram and I offered to help stitch whatever she needed. She noticed that I had the coffee charts from the Cool Beans series by Hands on Design. She asked if I would stitch two of them. She sent me all the threads and the fabric; and even a needleminder as thanks! I got started on this piece on Sunday night. I hope to finish it as quickly as possible, as well as the next chart, so I can get them sent back to her right away.
So this week will be busy for me as I tackle sewing the scroll frame cover, and work on getting these items stitched up for the shop. I am sorry that I wasn’t able to catch up with you all this past week. In the middle of the busy-ness of the week, I also ended up having to wipe my computer and reload Windows 10 from scratch. That is a long, drawn-out process in its own right, but I also ended up having to learn new video editing software. Most of my free time was taken up by the computer, and not fun time. Blech! Hopefully this next week will be much better and I can see what you’ve all been up to! Happy Halloween!!
This Weeks To-Do List:
- Sew scroll rod frame cover
- Stitch Coffee charts for shop samples
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=804294 mode=1]