Hello, and happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you had a relaxing and fun Labor Day weekend! My daughter, the last one at home, spent the weekend with her dad, so it was just the Mister and I at home. We still had travel days to bring her to meet her dad and to pick her up, but the two days in between were filled with relaxing. After the past couple of whirl wind months, we needed this!
Last week I forgot to show some stitching I worked on at the airport during our traveling to Chicago. I started Free & Brave by The Drawn Thread. It seemed very appropriate, given the boot camp graduation weekend!
Labor Day weekend was the start of three Stitch Alongs. On the 1st, I started two of them. The first was HorrorweenTSCSAL. This is a halloween stitch along that started in a facebook group I am part of, The Stitchers Coven. The SAL is to stitch on anything Halloween or Horror related, whether it’s cutesy or not-so-cutesy. I decided to pull out Ava, the Burlesque Zombie Portrait pattern from Phil Davison’s book, Twisted Stitches (affiliate link). You can see my starting and finishing point above.
The second SAL I started was Letters From Mom by Jeanette Douglas. Another stitching friend, Ginger of Gigi In Stitches wanted to start this weekend, so we both started on the same day! This is actually a series of charts that I will be stitching for each of my kids. This chart I am working on is the main chart and will be made into a fabric envelope. It will finish around 4.5″ tall x 10″ wide. Then there are 12 little charts to stitch that will be sewn up and added into the envelope. There is a writing prompt for each individual piece, to help write a letter to go with the monthly theme. I am excited to work on these for the kids!
The last SAL for the weekend I started on the 2nd of September. This is a SAL that many people in the stitching community have been talking about for the past several months! We’ve all been looking forward to starting it. It’s Tis The Season by Blackbird Designs. It’s a pattern in their Home For The Holidays book. So many people wanted to join the SAL, it’s been a bit hard to find the booklet as of late.
This week I’d like to try and get a little sewing done. I won’t put a huge amount of pressure on myself to get that done though. The temperature is still very hot here and my sewing room stays around 96 to 99 degrees all the time. It takes a lot of energy to cool it down, so I’ve been saving on A/C costs by staying in the house. Otherwise, I will be working a little bit on each SAL a different day of the week.
This Weeks To-Do List:
- Possibly get some sewing done!
- Stitch on SALs
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=796812 mode=1]