Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you are enjoying your summer!
This past week I worked on my Grimes Ghost stitching piece. I finished the banner at the top, and then completed the outer portion of the tombstone. I started filling in the words and decorations on it, but I quickly realized that the floss I chose (instead of the original called-for floss) was way too light in color. I will be ripping those stitches out and finding a darker grey to fill that area in. I’ve set aside this project for now, as I became anxious to start a new one as soon as my fabric and flosses arrived.
I am continuing on with my patriotic theme lately and decided to start Jeanette Douglas’ Patriotic Sampler. There is a page on FB that is hosting a stitch along, so I’ve decided to join in. I just started stitching this on Sunday, and the picture below shows the progress for that day. I’m stitching with one strand of thread over two threads on 32 count fabric and I’m liking how the coverage is turning out. I’ll be continuing to work on this piece throughout the week.
This Weeks To-Do List:
- Work on the Patriotic Sampler
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=791120 mode=1]