Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! Last week I had two things on my list. To finish the four patch quilt and to applique the Brimfield Block.
I did get the four patch quilt finished and all of the videos recorded of the process. I just need to edit the last two videos, the actual quilting and then doing the binding, and get those uploaded and scheduled to post. The quilt name always comes to me during the quilting process. Gem Patch ended up being the name for this one, since the fabric line is Midnight Gems and the quilt block is the four patch. I think it works! I tried a new method of machine sewing the binding down to the back by stitching in the ditch from the front side. I was not happy with the result at all, as I used 2.25″ binding strips and it was way too big on the back side. I either need to sew the binding on the front of the quilt with a 3/8″ seam allowance, or use no larger than a 2″ binding strip. The result was bad, so I am likely to rip out the stitches and hand sew the binding down when I have some time.
I didn’t get the Brimfield Block appliqued. That ended up no longer being a priority, as just sewing the block together was the point of that practice block. So I’ve removed this from my list. I may do something with it later, but it’s just not something that needs to happen now. In the evenings I ended up with some eye strain from being on the computer too much. I decided to work on some stitching instead of video editing. I managed to start and finish this cute little chart from Keslyn’s called Batty & Friend. I will be turning this into a smalls pillow.
I also started working on a new chart, Grimes Ghost, on Father’s Day. This is a fun little chart, and I’m working on the coat right now. I will be adding buttons later, so I’m not stitching those. I’ll be working on this chart until he’s finished. This week I have to finish the last thank you gift on my list and then get some house cleaning done!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Edit, upload, and schedule last two quilting videos
- Thank you gift sewing
- House Cleaning
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=786089 mode=1]