Hello, friends! Another Tuesday is upon us. I didn’t get as much accomplished as I wanted this past week. But that’s okay, some progress is better than none.
I didn’t get the Gingerbread Emporium finished, but I did manage to stitch the snow bank, the top border, and two adorable gingerbread men. I will be working hard on this project for the next couple of weeks. I’ve decided to push through and finish this house and the next two houses by May 18th. If not then, by the end of May at the latest.
I didn’t have a lot of time to work on the Brimfield Block this week. I ended up spending about an hour and a half on Sunday afternoon cutting out two pieces per template from each fat quarter. I have a coloring sheet to help figure out fabric placement, but I quickly realized that colored pencils and paper just don’t work for me. I needed the actual fabrics in my hand to work with and puzzle around. Also… I have to say even those scraps look pretty!
I came up with one block arrangement that I am happy with. I sewed together one set of three “houses” together in the Coral colors and sewed them to the oval piece. That was challenging. I’ve not done curves in EPP before. I will finish this block this week and see if I can take the papers out before appliqueing it to fabric. The instructions have you taking the papers out after the entire quilt top is assembled. I’m just trying to see if there is another way to do this. I will be putting these pieces away after this block is finished, and then I will look forward to my De La Luna quilt kit shipping to me in June!
This week’s To-Do list:
- More Secret Sewing
- Piece together the Brimfield Block
- Finish Gingerbread Emporium in Santa’s Village and start the next cottage.
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=778410 mode=1]