Hello, friends! It’s another Tuesday and I’m thrilled to say I actually completed everything from last week’s list! The first item was to work on my Quilting 101 series for Flosstube. I got the second video edited and posted on Thursday, and video three is all set to post today (the 24th). So far the reception to these incredibly amateur videos has been good! I’m so happy that some stitchers seem interested in learning to quilt!
Item two was to find fabrics to use for the Brimfield Block. I was only going to do one or two test blocks, but it may be safe to say I could end up with two Brimfield quilts. I chose a FQ bundle of Oasis by Flaurie & Finch. I thought these soft florals with the gold metallic accents would make for a beautiful quilt. I am not sure what I will use as the base of the block, but I may try and find some of the light background with the trees on them, if I can find yardage. I’m not sure at this point, but that was one just thought I had.
I also finished Santa’s Sleighworks. Cottage number nine in Santa’s Village by Country Cottage Needleworks. I even got a start on the next cottage, Gingerbread Emporium. This is always such a fun project to work on and always brightens my day.
This week I have some non-crafting adulting things to work on, but I do hope to get a few thank you gifts sewn (secret sewing at this point). I also hope to figure out fabric placement for that Brimfield block and get the pieces cut out. It would be nice to also get them glue-basted around the papers and ready to sew together. Those are my plans for the upcoming week; I can’t wait to read about yours!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Secret Sewing
- Cut fabrics out for the Brimfield Block.
- Finish Gingerbread Emporium in Santa’s Village stitching WIP.
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=777181 mode=1]