Hello, and happy Tuesday, friends! I got SO MUCH work done this past week! I feel 1,000 pounds lighter! I finished all of the project bags on Thursday and had them posted on Friday morning. They sold so fast my head was spinning! I was able to get invoices sent on Friday morning and start packing them up. Everyone paid their invoices so fast that I was able to get all but two in the mail by Friday evening! The last two went out on Saturday morning. It was great to be able to move those so quickly. And it took me by surprise too, as I didn’t expect them to sell so fast!
After those bags were out, I spent Saturday cleaning up the hobby room, and then I sat down to write a plan for a Quilting 101 series on my Flosstube channel (YouTube videos about cross stitching). There are quite a few stitchers who have expressed interest in learning some basic quilting, so I thought I would share some of what I know there. By no means am I a great quilter, but I figure if I can make videos that seem fun, are informative, and I can be accessible for questions, then maybe it may help others love this hobby as much as we do! I was able to come up with a rough outline, and I recorded the intro video and uploaded it today. The plan is to end up making a simple four-patch quilt. I am excited to share this hobby with stitchers; my fingers are crossed that I can succeed in helping people learn to quilt!
My evening time was spent stitching, and I started a new stitch along offered by Peacock & Fig called Mermaid Tales. It is a humorous and snarky four-part series. I finished the first part called “Cold Rock”, and I am attaching a censored picture of it here. I’m sure you can figure out what it says under the white papers!
I have to share with you all… I have completely fallen in love with the Brimfield Block, an English Paper Pieced block. Pink Door Fabrics posted a picture on Instagram of a quilt top made of the Brimfield Awakening quilt in the Tula Pink De La Luna line, and I was done for (their picture is posted above). I preordered the quilt kit, and then ended up ordering the quilt pattern, templates, and papers. I am so excited to get working on this quilt! The fabric line won’t ship to shops until June, so I won’t get the quilt kit for a couple of months. This is going to give me some time to play with this block and some other fabrics. I also plan to do an EPP series on Flosstube for our stitchy friends as well. I think this is the kind of quilt that would be right up a stitchers alley… Hand stitching!!
This week I will be continuing to work on and record parts of the Quilting 101 series. I will also be stitching on my Santa’s Village WIP. I am in the middle of stitching the Santa’s Sleighworks cottage, so I hope to have a finished picture of that to show next week. I am also excited about doing some EPP quilting, so I plan on finding fabrics to test out the Brimfield block with this week. Fun times ahead! I look forward to reading what you are all up to as well!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Work on the Quilting 101 series.
- Find fabrics for the Brimfield Block.
- Finish Santa’s Sleighworks in Santa’s Village stitching WIP.
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=776145 mode=1]