Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! Last week I had on my list to work on the Project Bags I decided to make for sale. It was also Spring Break, so while I did get all of the bags cut and prepped to sew, I didn’t get to the sewing. The kids were with their dad and bonus mom, so when my husband wanted to go out and do some thrifting or run errands, I took those days off. These bags are all about no pressure, so I didn’t push myself too hard to get them done. But it is ME we’re talking about, so…
I told the Mister that I was going to make a “few” bags to sell. In typical Christine style I cut out FOURTEEN bags to make. Six bags from one print, six from another, and since not everyone likes the skull theme, I threw in two Beauty and The Beast bags as well. On the days that I worked on getting them cut out, I could feel the weight of getting these done settling down around me. It reminded me that in no way am I ready to start taking orders again. And I really should have only cut out half of the bags that I did! When I do so many at once I realized I shut down craft wise. I don’t want to do any other sewing, I don’t want to be on the computer much to correspond or get on social media, and I felt myself withdrawing to keep the pressure off. I didn’t even get to reading the blog post link ups from last week until today!
I wanted to have the bags done by the end of this week, but we’ve got a few busy days ahead. I have to remind myself there is no real pressure to get them all done by Saturday, so I will just work on them as I have time this week and next. There are no deadlines here, even though I make it feel that way. At least all of this has brought to my attention that if I make these they need to be one or two at a time, and only every now-and-then, as I want to. You’d think I’d have learned the no more pressure lesson by now! But, again, it is me…LOL!!
We did have a rather long travel day to pick up the kids, so I worked on an Edgar Allen Poe themed cross stitching piece. I am almost finished with this one! It’s called Nevermore Raven by Donna Wolfe and is the chart I chose to participate in an Edgar Allen Poe Stitch Along for the month of March. I’m happy I will be done with this before March is over!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Sew Sugar Skull Girls and Skulls & Roses Project Bags
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=772715 mode=1]