Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! How was your week? Mine was a bit crazy. I wanted to work on the quilt, but most of my time ended up being centered around the kids. Josh celebrated his 18th birthday (I am so proud of him!) in the middle of the week. Callie and I are still doing drivers training, and she did some job hunting as well. She dropped off an application today, got an impromptu interview and landed a job! The kids’ school also had a verified threat on Thursday night and I kept them home from school on Friday. There wasn’t much information being shared by the school or the local police department, but rumors were rampant on social media. I erred on the side of caution, as did at least 60% of the other parents. There was an arrest of a student made at 2:00am on Friday morning, but I had woken the kids up at 1:00am and told them no school. I am still confident my decision was the right one, and I am so glad no students were harmed. I am grateful of the diligence of students reporting issues to their parents, the parents reporting them to the police department, and the police department following through on those reports!
The week started to feel quite stressful, so instead of quilting, I turned to my stitching. I started the border of the Prickly But Cute Stitch-A-Long from Fuzzy Fox Designs. Because I started on the bottom corner, I ended up stitching the 5th release in the series, Gabriel The Christmas Cactus. He’s so cute and cheery, I just love him! I used beads instead of french knots for him.
After finishing Gabriel, I loaded up my fabric for my Poison Garden piece by Chatelaine Designs and finally started stitching on that one! It took me quite a while to put the first stitch in. This one is going to be slow going, but I have a feeling I am going to enjoy every stitch, as well as learn a lot!! I only got one evening of stitching in on this one so far, but it will be my focus piece for this year. I’ll still work on my other stitch along pieces, but I hope to do the majority of stitching on this project.
I can’t wait to see what you’ve all been up to this week! Are you ready for spring where you live? The weather has felt cold here, but “cold” is probably mild weather for most of the country! If you were on the east coast during this recent storm, I hope you are well!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Paradiso Quilt
- Keep working on Poison Garden Châtelaine
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=769631 mode=1]