Happy Tuesday, friends! Another week has passed and we’re checking our lists from last week and preparing new lists for this week. On my list last week was pressing the backing, batting, and quilt top; basting, quilting, and binding it. I also had working on my Merry Xmas cross stitching progress. Let’s see how I did…
Well, I pressed all the parts of the quilt sandwich, I basted it, and I quilted the big squares of the motorcycle print. I went with a sort of maltese cross design, but it didn’t turn out very well. I looked up the last time I free-motion quilted and it was my Christmas quilt from last year… that I finished in September of 2016. So it has been 14 months since I last did free-motion quilting. To say I am rusty and need to re-learn to keep my foot pedal speed equal with my pushing the quilt around is an understatement. Of epic proportions. Thankfully the Mister is not expecting a perfect quilt and is happy with whatever comes of my reacquainting myself with my sit-down longarm machine. He told me it didn’t matter if the lines were straight enough, since I was going to wash it and it would shrink and get that scrunchy old quilt look I love anyway. Love that man! I still have filler quilting to do around the blocks, and I will work on that this coming week.
As far as my cross stitching, I’ve made some decent progress on it that I am happy about. I’m not sure how much longer it will take me to finish this, but I think maybe a week and a half at the most. I’m loving the creepy Christmas feel this one has. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, to be sure, but it’s definitely mine!
Speaking of Christmas, have you started your holiday crafting? Will you be making gifts this year or shopping for gifts? This year will be a combination of both for me. I am excited to see what you all have been working on!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish quilting and bind the Sturgis quilt.
- Keep working on Merry Xmas stitching
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=749543 mode=1]