Hello, and Happy Tuesday, friends! How did you do with your projects last week? I have to admit, I hit the wall creatively and really struggled with getting my stuff done.
I didn’t do any cross stitching at all, I just spent the evenings feeling a bit zoned out and tired. I managed to finish one Hyacinth Bag (better picture to come when all three bags are finished), but forced myself to work on the weekends. I didn’t feel like I was taking time away from Mister, as I barely spent two and a half days in the sewing room during the work week. Instead, we ended up running errands and I gave myself permission to rest a bit from the bag making. These Hyacinth Bags weren’t on a hard deadline, so I felt a little breathing room was okay. Especially because I didn’t have any other upcoming bag orders, other than my own intention to make extra bags to sell this week. Big mistake!
The Mister and I decided to take a rare nap on Wednesday, and as we were drifting off to sleep I told him of my plans to stop taking commissioned orders by November 1st, as I really needed to schedule time to get my Christmas sewing done. I told him I had not received orders for two weeks via the website, so it was probably a good time to remove the order form from the web page and put up a notice that commissions would not be taken until after January 2018. He agreed, and when we woke up from our nap an hour later I found that I had two orders. I received two more that evening, and one more a day later. I had to laugh at that! I changed my plans from sewing extra bags to put up for sale, to finishing these last commissioned orders. I finished one of them, a zip top project bag in the Beauty and Brains print from Alexander Henry, on Monday. I love this bag! The rest of the orders should take me until November 1st, possibly the 2nd, to finish. Then it’s just me and my quilts and other handmade Christmas gifts. I. Can’t. Wait.
Do you have any sewing plans for the holiday season? Please comment below… I’m excited to read about them!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Work last four commissioned orders
- Finish last Hyacinth Bag
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=745121 mode=1]