Hello, friends. It’s October already. I can’t believe it. I am about two weeks away from being done with all current bag orders, and that means I can see some quilting time in sight. Super happy about that, as Christmas will soon be here and I have three quilts to have finished by then. I’ll be temporarily disabling the order form on the website at the end of October, and won’t be accepting any orders until January of 2018. If I keep taking orders, I will never get to my Christmas sewing. Or get it finished, anyway. That’s not an acceptable outcome for me this year.
As far as last week’s list goes, I completed four bag orders. I love the zip top pouches, and especially the Sugar Skulls print. Also, it’s a good thing I love the Potions print so much, since I made three bag sets from that print last week, and have one more to make from that print this week.
I had one customer ask for a Potions Bag, some Grime Guards and an ORT container. If you aren’t sure what an ORT container/jar is, here’s a great post by The Stitching Corner that explains it well: ORT Jars. I looked up a tutorial online and was able to make a simple ORT container in matching fabric. I hope she likes it!
This recent week of sewing was definitely October themed. I’m ready for Halloween now! This bag was made from the last of bit of this beautiful fall fabric. Just looking at this bag makes me want to go bake a Pumpkin pie!
This week I have two more project bag orders, and then I had a request from my cousin to make three Hyacinth bags for her as Christmas gifts. I am not sure how long each bag will take to make, I’m estimating 3 days per bag. So I’ll probably only have one finished by the time next week rolls around.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Complete two project bag orders
- Begin sewing Hyacinth Bags
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=741336 mode=1]