Last week I talked about making Blue RK Blocks (using Heritage Threads’ tutorial found HERE)to send to Craftycop/Jessica on Instagram. These blocks are to be made into quilts for the families of police officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty. I mentioned last week that two quilts were, very sadly, already dedicated to two families. Unfortunately, I was wrong. There was a third officer (chronologically, the second officer) who was killed in the line of duty while on a domestic call. New York State Trooper Joel Davis. I was able to make some blocks this weekend and put them in the mail today to Jessica. Right now her goal is to get enough blocks to make 50 quilts to have on hand and ready for families. Her last count was at 1,235 blocks, just 25 blocks shy of 30 quilts. I hope we end up with enough blocks for 50 quilts, while at the same time that I hope those quilts stay on a shelf collecting dust. Tragically, that’s just not the world we live in. If you’d like to receive more information on this, direct message Jessica on Instagram.
Last week’s bag making wasn’t as productive as I hoped. I made and sent off a Christmas Village bag and Grime guard (I forgot to save a picture of it, but it’s pretty much the same as pictured above). I also cut everything out for three more bags. I’m running a bit behind, due to kid appointments and such, but hopefully can make up some time this week. I’ve got 8 bags to get sewn, we’ll see how well I do with that.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Complete three bag orders.
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=732204 mode=1]