Happy Tuesday, friends! It’s been a busy week of more project bags around here. I finished the Slytherin Bag and took two orders this week. One for a single bag set and one for three bags. I also did some research on selling these on Etsy. After calculating all of the fees from PayPal AND the additional fees from Etsy, I’ve decided to go a different route. I’ll see how selling them by posting via social media goes, and may eventually set up part of this website as my store. The website is capable of doing that, so I’ll see how everything turns out after some time passes.
This Project Bag set was particulary fun to do. I had a customer ask for a small grime guard for a 6 x 6 Q Snap, and then ask if I could make an accessory pouch to coordinate with everything. I didn’t have enough of the accent fabric on the bag, but did have extra of the Chain Mail print from Tula Pink’s Elizabeth line that matched the Tula Pink Foxfield print.
My customer gave me a specific size she wanted, so I first made a test bag that helped me know how boxing the corners on the bottom of the bag would work. I also learned that I did not want any of the fusible fleece interfacing in my seam allowances. My second attempt was this bag and it turned out exactly the right size and sewed up perfectly. LOVE it!!
My second customer for the week requested three project bags. I had so much fun getting to use a couple of different prints for them. I’ve said it repeatedly, but Tula Pink fabric shines so brilliantly in these bags! Love the Crouching Tiger print and being able to use the green apple glitter vinyl!
I got to play with the Fox Nap print from Chipper again, except this time in the raspberry colorway. So cute!!
The Alexander Henry Sea Sirens made another appearance. The smaller 13 x 13 bag only showcases one of the mermaids, but I think this one is pretty saucy enough to hold her own!
Next week I will update on my current cross stitching WIPS. I think this post has more than enough pictures!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Sew Project Bags for two commissions
- Sew extra bags to sell
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=691244 mode=1]