Happy Tuesday, Friends! If you are hand crafting gifts this year for the holidays, it’s time to crank it into high gear! I am happy, actually more like relieved, to say that I will not be making one gift this year. The last two years (maybe three?) I have put myself under pressure to get gifts made and this year I decided I was not gonna do it. Nope. Hello Amazon, and the gift card kiosk at my local grocery store. It’s not meant to be impersonal, because I try to find gifts and gift cards that the recipients will love. I am looking forward to a December of crafting for enjoyment and not because I am rushing to get presents done and posted in time to arrive by Christmas.
In fact, this past Thanksgiving weekend was exactly what I said it would be. Relaxing! The kids were old enough to help prepare dinner, and then we spent Friday decorating the house for Christmas. It was wonderful! I did finish my Let’s Sew cross stitch piece and found a frame at Goodwill for it. I mounted and framed it myself. That was a lot more tedious than I expected. I kept measuring, and remeasuring to make sure it was centered. I couldn’t get a great picture of it because of the glare, so I can’t showcase how amazing it looks in real life.
The back of this piece looks almost as great as the front. I worked really hard not to run threads across the back, because I didn’t want them to show after I mounted the piece onto black foam core board. I will say that were I to stitch this piece again I would not use aida, and especially black aida. There were more than a few quarter stitches, and seeing the regular holes on black aida is difficult enough without adding in fractional stitches that you have to punch through the center of an aida square. I should also note that I converted the thread color to DMC 729, Medium Old Gold. I started it November 6th and finished by November 24th. I am happy for a 2016 start and finish!
This week I will be focused on finishing the bag. I was going to start work on Josh’s quilt, but decided to push that off until his birthday. He will be getting a bigger-than-anticipated Christmas present this year (Thanks to Nintendo for creating the New Nintendo 3DS shortage and to Amazon for selling them early to scalpers. You rock! Jerks.) and I don’t want to pile all the gifts onto one holiday. Since his birthday is in March, I won’t feel huge pressure to finish a Bargello by December 21st and I can make sure I get it done right. Wrapping my head around the process of making one of these has been challenging!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish Bag
- Choose next Quilt project
- New cross stitch start
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=680810 mode=1]