Happy October! I am so excited that Fall is here! We actually don’t experience too much of a “Fall” season here. No trees full of leaves turning gorgeous shades of red, orange and yellow before falling. No crisp autumn air where you can see your breath in the morning. Nope. It’s pretty much just a warm month. But this year we’re about 10 degrees cooler than usual, and so the beginning of October feels more like the end of October and I am taking that wonderful feeling of it’s-cooling-down-now weather and enjoying the heck out of it! How about you? How is the weather where you are?
As far as my to-do list goes, I did finish quilting the Flying Geese Diamond quilt and managed to get the binding sewn onto the front only an hour before writing this. I had a lot of trouble quilting this one.
A lot of the quilting problems seemed to come from a combination of things. The different thicknesses on the quilt from the blocks was a big issues. The weight of the quilt was another. The strain of moving the quilt would pull on the needle and that resulted in a lot of thread shredding. It took me all week to get this quilt finished simply because of my frustration with the constant breakage.
After quilting one half of the quilt, I decided to check and see if I could raise my foot a little higher to accommodate the various fabric thicknesses. This foot needs the space of the thickness of a credit card in between the foot and the quilt sandwich. I was surprised to find that I had an extra 1/16th to lift my foot up and that made all the difference in the world! I still had a couple of shredded thread breakages, but nothing like when I quilted the first half of the quilt.
I had to take a picture of this binding. It is absolutely, amazingly, spectacularly, and wonderfully perfect for this quilt! For ANY Christmas themed quilt, actually. I am so in love with this binding that it made all of the quilting struggles melt away.
In other stitchy news, I completed the Halloween Town cross stitch pattern. I will make this into a throw pillow as soon as I’m done with the Christmas quilt. I also started working on my Wacky Witches in Stitches WIP again. This is going to be really cute when it’s finished!
This week I will be focused on stitching down the binding on the Flying Geese Diamonds quilt. I also have to come up with a name for it. The Mister is leaving this coming Saturday to go to the Oregon house, so I also want to get the Christmas placemats, napkins, and coasters done this week and send those up with him.
What is on your list this week? Do you have any Fall sewing or Holiday sewing in your plans?
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish Binding Flying Geese Diamonds Quilt
- Make Placemats, Napkins & Coasters
- Continue working on Wacky Witches WIP
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=668069 mode=1]