Happy Tuesday! I hope you all had a relaxing and fun Labor Day Weekend! Did anyone get any sewing done? When I typed up my To-Do list last week I didn’t even consider the holiday weekend. I had two days filled with traveling to bring the kids to their dad for the weekend and then again to pick them up. I also spent one day relaxing with the Mister, and somehow ended up with only one day working on the Churn Dash quilt. I’m at the point where I’m tired of looking at it, so I’m determined to get that done and over with this week. It’s definitely time to move on!
Instead of showing another picture of the overly-blogged about Churn Dash quilt, I’m posting a picture of this gorgeous Oasis Metallic fat quarter bundle by Flaurie & Finch for RJR Fabric. I purchased this from Missouri Star Quilt Company with a birthday gift card from my Mom and Dad. I am not big into florals, but when I saw this bundle I immediately loved it.
This will end up being another quilt for the Oregon House and I envision it in the upstairs bedroom. The colors are so perfect. I carefully took the bundle apart to take a picture of all of the fat quarters laid out, and then even more carefully put it back together and retied it. Those colors! I am just so in love with these fabrics!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish quilting Churn Dash. For real.
- Bind Churn Dash Quilt. Get it done, already!
- Start Christmas Quilt.. Oh, please yes!!
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=661265 mode=1]
6 thoughts on “To-Do Tuesday 9-6-16 | Oasis”
I have no doubt you’ll finish the churn dash quilt, and it will be gorgeous! I cannot wait to see what you create with this new fabric it is YUMMY!
I am going through all of my PDF patterns and my books and magazines to find exactly the right pattern to showcase this new fabric! I should be able to find at least one!
Oh yes! You will finish that churn dash and have it bound too! 😉 You will fill so good to get it checked off your list! I am tickled to have the bargello all ready for the longarm quilter! Can’t wait to get it back and bound! What will you do with that new luscious fabric!?
We had a nice family Labor day at a state park 3 hours from us, but one hour from 2 of our adult offspring and their families. I finished piecing the back for the bargello Saturday!
I really do need to get this one checked off my list. I think it will help a lot with my motivation! Sounds like a wonderful Labor Day weekend… How fun to spend it with your kids and their families!
It really is yummy fabric! Now, hurry up and finish that churn dash quilt! 😎
I know, I know! The amount of time I spend dragging my feet is ridiculous! I worked on it for about an hour yesterday and am hoping to get the quilting finished by tomorrow!