I had high hopes for better progress this week. But, as we all know, life happens and I didn’t get as much done as expected.
On Monday I finished sewing and pressing the blocks for the pink Stepping Stones quilt. I have to trim them up by tomorrow to finish by the weekly QAL deadline.
I didn’t get far with my batik Stepping Stones blocks. I sewed about five of them and then it was time to prepare dinner. I hope to get those sewn, pressed, and trimmed today, just in time to post finished pictures for the weekly QAL assignment.
I finally finished the Tudor Bag I was working on, and I will post pictures of that in a Finished Friday post. I wanted to have the bag mailed to my Mom by Thursday, but ended up mailing it on Monday. I also have a new bag project to start this week, since I’m testing a bag pattern for my favorite bag designer, Sew Sweetness. I won’t be able to show pictures until the pattern is released. I am not exactly sure when that will be, but I will share them as soon as I can. In the meantime, I can share a picture of my fabrics for the new bag!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish last week’s Stepping Stones QAL assignment of sewing the blocks and complete this week’s assignment to assemble the quilt tops.
- Write Pattern Hack Post
- Begin testing a new bag pattern
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=626012 mode=1]
8 thoughts on “To-Do Tuesday 4-19-16 | Plodding Along”
Neither one of us was very productive last week! Eh, it happens! LOL.
PS- love the pull for the super-secret bag!
You were quite a bit more productive… Cleaning is just a different kind of productivity! I’ve got to get to my deep cleaning before the end of May. I’m trying to get all the projects done so I can tackle that next. My fingers are crossed no one stops by for a visit before I get to cleaning!!!
I can’t wait to see the Tudor bag finish! The stepping stones blocks look great!
Thanks!! I hope my Mom loves the Tudor bag, she’ll get it tomorrow!
I am also joining the not very productive club. Here’s hoping this week will be better.
What fun & glitz fabric you have for you new bag! And, hope you meet your deadline for the QAL!
It was a tough week… I sure hope you are feeling better! Brad was sick all last week too, and my daughter has been sick the last two days. Blech! This uckiness needs to go away! I did end up finishing my blocks, but just now realized I forgot to post the pictures last night… and the deadline was midnight CST. Argh!!! Well, at least I finished them by the deadline!
It’s always fun to do that secret sewing project, but so hard when you can’t show the end result! I had the same thing these past few weeks, and finally get to show the project off today. I’ll be watching for your glitzy bag soon.
I am excited to visit your blog and see your secret sewing project!! I think I’ll get to show the finished bag sometime in May, so I won’t have to wait too long before sharing!