Happy Tuesday! How did your week go? I finished my last quilt and wrote a Finished Friday post too. I feel like this year is already going so differently from last. I am able to focus a lot more on my sewing, and that makes me feel so joyful!
When I wrote last week’s To-Do list I was hopeful that I would be able to choose my fabrics for the February Bag Of The Month Club, The Window Shopper by Mrs. H. I chose to use the Melody Miller Black & White Typewriters from the Black & White line by Cotton + Steel for the outer fabric. The lining of the bag is the grey Newsprint fabric from the Cottage Garden line by The Quilted Fish for Riley Blake. I am using the Making Waves print in Ink from Tula Pink’s True Colors line as the accent and pocket fabric. I will be using black faux leather/vinyl for the bottom and gussets, as well as the straps.
I had extra time so I cut out the pattern pieces and attached interfacings. I didn’t have much time to work on the bag, but did manage to put a zippered pocket on the back main panel. This bag is going to be bigger than I expected. I was worried about the size being too large, but since it is designed to be a shopping tote bag, I think the size will be great for that purpose. I am changing the pattern up a bit, to make it fit my preferences in a bag. I will talk about them more when the bag is finished.
On another note, Jennifer, The Inquiring Quilter, is going to be hosting a Quilt Along with her new pattern, Stepping Stones. I loved the scrappy version of this quilt the moment I saw it. I have a specific person in mind for this quilt, so I am excited to start participating. The timing is just right for me as the quilt along begins in mid-March. I will no longer be working at that time so I will have availability for adding sewing projects to my list. If you would like to see the schedule and/or get more information about the quilt along click the button below:
This week my goals are to finish the Window Shopper Tote. What about you? Do you have any specific things you would like to accomplish this week?
This week’s To-Do list:
- Assemble and finish Window Shopper Tote
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=607851 mode=1]