Hello, my friends! I had a great week and I hope you have too!
This past week I basted the Grungy Windows quilt and started quilting. I can not express enough how much joy I have been feeling while sitting at this machine this past week!
It took me about a day to get Josie, my quilting machine, up and running. She hadn’t been used since I quilted the Iron Man quilt last May. Since it’s so dry here in Arizona, I oiled her and ran her for about 15 minutes on medium speed. Afterwards I did some quilting on practice sandwiches to adjust the tension as well as get into the quilting groove. It was good to flex my muscle memory with some designs and spend some time learning others.
Since I’m keeping this quilt I decided to just dive in and start quilting. No stress over bad quilting wobbles, or the occasional broken thread. I kept telling myself I had an entire quilt to “doodle” on, so I’ve been quilting a different motif (doodle!) in every block. The quilting is showing up really nicely on the back too. I’ve been having such a blast with this quilt!
How was your week? Several of you mentioned you wanted to work on WIPs this year, have you identified what you want to start on first? Have you pulled them out to begin finishing them yet?
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish quilting Grungy Windows
- Add binding to the front of the quilt, start hand stitching it to the back
- Start January Bag of the Bag of the Month Club
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=598254 mode=1]
4 thoughts on “To-Do Tuesday 1-12-16 | Quilting Grungy Windows”
I can’t wait to see the grunge quilt finished. So many times I wait to quilt something, that I forget to just jump in and have fun. I pulled out a couple quilts that still need to be finished, and there they sit. LOL I’m hoping that perhaps next week I’ll get started. Have a great week!
I know what you mean about forgetting to just have fun with them. I think that’s the reason it took me so long to get the back finished; It felt so hard trying to come up with the perfect plan for quilting. Once I decided to just doodle quilt and have fun, I found my motivation to finish! Hoping you’re having a wonderful week!
Love your quilting on Grungy Windows! That is what I want to do, just sit and play with FMQ and not worry about those wobbles! This week I did take a WIP to my sewing group and got the sashing all cut and some even pieced. I’ll continue to work on it at home, now that the t-shirt quilt and pillow are completed. Read about that on my blog! Glad it was such a fun and good week for you! It was a good week for me too.
Glad to hear you had a good week too! It does sound very productive. It’s so great to have that feeling of accomplishment, and this early in the year too! I’m heading over to read about your week right now!