Happy Tuesday! Another week of no sewing, but I did manage to get all my Christmas candy making done. I made a delicious recipe for Salted Caramel Pretzel bark I found HERE on allrecipes.com. I tested this recipe a couple of weeks ago, but didn’t get the caramel to the hard crack stage and so it was too soft. I made two batches on Sunday. My first one turned out perfectly. My second batch turned out terribly. The caramel was gritty and stayed soft in some places. Bummer! It tastes great though, so we have a huge batch that managed to stay here with us. Everyone is thrilled about that except for me… and my fat thighs. Sigh.
I also made a double batch of my chocolate peanut clusters recipe. This is a recipe I’ve made for years and one that I absolutely love. Take one 12 ounce bag each of White Chocolate chips, Milk Chocolate chips, and Semi Sweet chocolate chips and melt them in a double broiler (I use my largest pyrex bowl over a pan of water that has come to a boil and is then reduced to a simmer). Stir in one 16 ounce jar of peanuts. I’ve used spanish peanuts in the past, but I typically use dry-roasted, salted peanuts. Drop them by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and leave until set and hardened, which is usually overnight for me. This recipe makes between 50 to 60 clusters, depending on whether you drop them with your tablespoon or teaspoon cutlery. DELISH!!
Another batch of peppermint bark was made with great success this time. The Mister and I packaged up the goodies, along with Christmas cards and presents and mailed them today. The last of my Christmas gifts that I ordered online arrived today and everything has been wrapped or mailed off. I am so happy to have everything finished for Christmas!
Brad and I hope you are enjoying your holiday season, however you choose to celebrate!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Relax and continue to enjoy the season!
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=589255 mode=1]