It’s Thanksgiving week here in the U.S. There is so much to be thankful for, and I am grateful for so many blessings!
This week I did not do any sewing. I became very excited about the upcoming holidays, so I decided to test a couple of recipes. First up was Peppermint Bark. The Mister found a great silicon pan at Goodwill that looked brand new, so we figured we would try out a new candy recipe. I wasn’t thrilled with the recipe that came with the pan, as it seemed to be half of what was needed. The bark ended up really thin in some places, and I did not like the marbling. I’ll be doubling the recipe and waiting in between layering the dark and white chocolates. The other recipe we tried out was Pumpkin Cobbler, but there is no longer any evidence in the house that such a dessert was made.
I started my Thanksgiving Turkey prep on Monday night. I have the herb butter mixture under the skin and am currently dry brining it. I can’t wait to cook this and eat up on Thursday!
I should put at least one quilty related thing in this post. Today I received the Tula Pink patterns I ordered when Tula was at Fall Market. Since I ordered during that time, and because supplies were obviously still available, I also received a sample pack of her upcoming line, Chipper, as well as the brochure she handed out at Market. Let me just say that I LOVE the colors in this line! Bright, bold, and they work fabulously together. Of course it IS Tula Pink, so no real surprise there!
I want to take a moment to thank you for reading the blog. I am grateful for this community where we encourage and support each other! Ya’ll are the best! Happy Thanksgiving!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Enjoy Thanksgiving and count my blessings
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=584874 mode=1]