Happy Tuesday!! I finally managed to get a post done by Monday evening. Amazing, right? Actually, it really IS amazing because I got caught up watching Tula Pink‘s video series on QNNTV.com. There are 6 of 12 videos posted and I watched episodes four through six tonight. I am blown away by her as a person and as a designer. I was a Tula fan before watching these videos, and after watching them I’m a Tula fan FOR LIFE.
This past week I got my 2014 Modern Insta Bee Blocks put together. I chose the May Block, Come Together, from Modern Bee — 13 Quilts to Make With Friends by Lindsay Conner. I am thrilled with how the top came out. Not so thrilled with the quality of some of the blocks I received. My blocks were supposed to be 20.5″ unfinished, but I ended up having to trim all of them down to the lowest trimmed block size which was 20″. Not a problem for me with this particular block design, thank goodness!
I started working on a quilt backing for my Grungy Windows quilt. Because the front has a lot of white on it, I decided to go fun, funky, and improv on the back. I grabbed some Kona solids from the shelf, and just started cutting them into big pieces. I put them up on the batting hung on my shelf (my make-do “design wall”) and then started sewing the pieces together. I have part of the top half of the backing done. I will work on finishing the backing this week.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish Backing for Grungy Windows quilt top
- Baste Grungy Windows top, batting & backing together
- Continue with the c25k program. Do the best you can and be satisfied with that!!!
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=570413 mode=1]