…before finishing the previous one. Because that’s what we quilter’s do! I was all set to finish the border for the 2014 Sugar Block Club quilt, and I cut most of the squares for it. I didn’t have enough of two of the prints, so I had to order them. They won’t be here for about a week and a half, so I had to put finishing that quilt on hold.
I did manage to make two more F Word Quilt blocks. Wild Rose & square and Big Dipper. The colors never come out quite right in the pictures. Those yellows are supposed to be the same color. It’s Art Gallery Fabrics Pure Elements in Honey. That’s what I get for taking pictures of my finished blocks at different times of the day!
I’ve been excited to make something with my two Grunge charm packs and a Kona Snow Jelly roll. I was going to make a simple square in a square (a Grunge square inside white), but decided to have a little more fun. I made a nine patch block with the Grunge charms and cut it into four squares. I decided to border the cut nine patch blocks with the Kona Snow jelly roll strips. I only have the blocks half way done. I keep looking at them and thinking they look a little like stained glass windows. So I’m calling this my Grungy Windows quilt. Hopefully I’ll have a flimsy finish by Thursday! How has your summer been? Have you been able to meet any of your goals? Sewing or otherwise? Or are you just enjoying the beautiful weather?! (That’s a worthy goal too!)
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish Grungy Windows flimsy top.
- Start Paradiso square in a square quilt.
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=538587 mode=1]
6 thoughts on “To-Do Tuesday 6-23-15 | Starting a New Quilt…”
I so totally love Grunge! What a great use of the fabric in your quartered 9-patch. Fun technique, I would not have thought to use it as you have by sashing the squares. It looks great!
My goals are all topsy-turvy. But at least I get to go to a quilt show this week with a couple of friends.
I love the Grunge line too! I love cutting up 9-patch blocks, I tend to fall back on them a lot when I want to make a quick quilt. A quilt show… How fun!!! I hope you all have a wonderful time!!
I’m in love with you Grungy Windows blocks! I can’t wait to see them all pieced together. Your F Word blocks look fabulous too! One day I’ll catch up with you on those!
Thank you!! I’m really loving them too! I am not going to be working on any F Word blocks for a while, so you have plenty of time to catch up! I think I’ve only gotten four done anyway, so don’t push yourself to get to them. This way I can focus on finishing a a few quilt tops!
Just catching up with your blog! I had to check out the Moda grunge charm pack. I like how you are using them!
Thanks!! I love this fabric line a lot. I always buy precuts, and then always have a hard time figuring out exactly how to use them. This seemed to be a good way to use the charms up!