I spent this week focused on getting the rest of the blocks finished from the 2014 Sugar Block Club BOM. I ended up having to re-make a couple blocks, and one of the re-made blocks was rejected. This was a difficult quilt to put together for me, as the color combination was out of my comfort zone. Not only that, but I feel like I should have selected fewer fabrics to pull from. There’s a lot of grey in the quilt, as I decided to add more of my inspiration fabric, the Medallion print from Denyse Schmidt’s Florence line, into extra blocks. I am not sure that I love this quilt yet. I plan on making a 2″ scrappy border out of leftover prints. Then I’ll do a final border in white. I think maybe that might help frame the quilt and give it a more cohesive look.
I went to one of my very favorite quilt shops this week, and with a purpose! I needed more Kona Snow to finish my quilt top, and thankfully they had two yards left on the bolt. I also picked up some Alison Glass Ex Libris Fat quarters and another text print by Michele D’Amore.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Make scrappy border for SBC quilt.
- Make two F Word blocks
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=536409 mode=1]