Summer is so close! I’ve been doing the usual cleaning in what is going to be our home away from home. You can see the dogs (one on the couch and one laying on the dash in front of the windshield) are busy helping me too.
I finished the Iron Man quilt and only have to run the lint roller over it and get those pictures taken. I plan to mail it by next Thurday. Woot-Woot for a quilt finish!! I will write up my blogpost and show more pictures of the quilt after my nephew gets it for his birthday.
I’ve been busy trying to plan my quilt projects over the summer. I am bringing a few other projects in case I finish all the quilt tops I currently have planned. I found an Elisa’s Backporch Circle Dance pattern with 3.5″ and 7″ crazy curves templates that I bought last summer at a yard sale for $1 (A DOLLAR!!) and I decided that would be a perfect quilt for my Anna Maria Horner Dowry FQ bundle. I also decided to use my Cotton + Steel | Mochi by Rashida Coleman-Hale half yard bundle and make the Tula Pink Snowglobes pattern with it. My fingers are crossed I’ll actually get to these quilts over the summer!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finalize sewing projects and pack them up.
- Take pictures of Iron Man quilt for a later blog post.
- Deep clean house & prep it for the house sitter.
- Take kids shopping for summer clothes.
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=525403 mode=1]
3 thoughts on “To-Do Tuesday 5-12-15 | Summer prep”
Your summer home is look’n all spic and span. Wish I could say the same about my house.
I’ve own many of the same patterns and templates you have! I love The Quick Curve ruler and have made several of Sew Kind of Wonderful’s patterns. Also, Elisa’s Backporch Rainbow set for curve piecing is one of my favs. And I have lost count of how many Jaybird Quilts I’ve made using the Hex n More ruler and Sidekick ruler, including Giggles I see in your photo. Her Super sidekick ruler is on my wish list. 🙂 Looks like you will have lots of fun sewing while traveling this summer!
Congrats on finishing up Iron Man! I hope your nephew loves it!
btw – is the link button missing, or am I brain dead?
Hi Sharon! I had the link up start time set for 11:55pm! Yikes! I’ve no idea what I was thinking! I just fixed it, so it should be good to go now. So sorry! I appreciate you pointing it out so I could get it fixed ASAP. Thank you!
I spent a goodly portion of my afternoon doing fabric pulls and coming up with MORE quilts to make. Which isn’t a bad thing, since I was shopping the stash. I just don’t think it will be possible to do this summer, but at least I will have quit projects ready to go for the remainder of this year. And probably next year and the year after. Hahaha!!
That quilt! Everything about it is awesome. I love how the quilting looks against the science print- especially the red. And that binding. OMG. Can’t wait for the full reveal! Also, you’re taking so many awesome projects with you this summer! And I love the box on the left. I’m assuming that’s the one you mentioned in an email. It’s fabulous!