Happy Tuesday! My week went quite a bit sideways on me, as Mister surprised me with an anniversary present one month early. Actually, he surprised me with telling me what my present was going to be one month early. It arrives on Wednesday. While I’m at work. Wahhhh!!
So, what is it? He bought be a Juki 2200 Quilt Virtuoso Pro sit down machine. What the what?! Yeah, that is exactly what I said. I’ll write all about it after the machine comes in and I take a bunch of pictures. And play with it for a while. I didn’t get the extension leafs. The right and left leaf are 15″ wide, and they’re $350 each. 30″ of space for $700? That’s a little much for me. I insisted that I would pay for any extras for the machine… and I’m being a bit frugal right now. For the moment I’d prefer to butt a table up to the side for some extra support for my quilt. Maybe they’ll have a great sale eventually. In the meantime, Mister [aka Jack-of-all-trades] is busy trying to come up with his own plan.
Needless to say, knowing this is on its way required a reorganization of my already cramped space in our joint hobby room. There may or may not have been some snappishness on my part as I moved everything around and realized I have WAY too much stuff. The Mister may or may not have uttered the dreaded words, “You know, it really looks like you are at the point of needing to sew more things than needing to buy more fabric.” And then, “I bet a lot of husbands say that to their wives, don’t they?” I may or may not have replied with, “Oh, I actually have plans for most of all of that fabric. I just need to finish the Iron Man quilt and then I can get to it….”
I wonder how many times we’re destined to repeat that same conversation? I’m sure you quilters with more quilting years under your belt will let me know. I think we’ve had this conversation once a year since I started quilting 3 years ago.
This week’s To-Do list:
- Set up the new machine! EEEEK!!!
- Play with the new machine. A LOT. A WHOLE LOT.
- Get back to working on the Iron Man quilt.
- Do more weeding.
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=513766 mode=1]