How is your holiday season coming along? It’s been a whirl wind over here, and I have managed to get all of my Sew Together Bags finished! Yippee! If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen my two-completed-bags-per-day pictures over the weekend. What a relief to have them all finished!
Today I pulled fabric for 6 Boxy Pouches I’ll be making for the boys in the family. I’m using THIS tutorial by Pink Stitches. I didn’t obsess too much over the fabric pulls as I don’t have a lot of time to fuss. And since the male species isn’t as particular as the girl species about how things look, I am fairly confident my fabric pulls will be fine. I also had time to starch, press and cut out all the fabric pieces needed as well as iron the interfacing to the interior panels. I cut out all the batting for the exterior pieces and quilted the panels of two bags. I work the next two days, but I’m hopeful that all of the bags will be finished no later than Saturday.
I also have one other Christmas present to sew, and then some quick holiday goodies to make. This year I don’t have time to bake goodies to send with our packages, so I’m going to just make some chocolate peanut clusters. It’s quick and easy enough and I think it tastes pretty amazing. I’m all about quick and easy this year, since I’m running out of time!
How about you? How is your holiday preparation coming along?
>This week’s To-Do list:
- Sew secret gift
- Finish Boxy Pouches using Pink Stitches Tutorial.
- Make Chocolate Clusters
- Wrap and package gifts to mail
- Mister to mail gifts by Monday
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Remember, you can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=475265 mode=1]
4 thoughts on “To Do Tuesday 12-8-14 | Christmas Sewing”
I envy the recipients of the bags! Can I be on your list??
I do the same thing every year….procrastinate in Christmas sewing then I’m like a mad women trying to get it all done! Why don’t I ever learn?!
I barely made all the shipping and gift exchange dates this year… but at least I made them! It has been a super busy couple of weeks, and I’m glad the Christmas sewing is done. I never plan to do this at the last minute, but it always seems to end up this way. Although, in my defense, this year I certainly didn’t plan on getting a part-time job! LOL
It’s been fun watching you finish the bags on IG! I don’t know where you find the energy and your creativity knows no bounds!
I finally finished almost all of the sewing last Sunday night, and the very last boxy pouch on Tuesday! I think all that energy finally dissipated this past week though… It’s nice to be done with the sewing for Christmas, that’s for sure!