I’ve been keeping my head down and working hard on my goals! I was able to get quite a bit of work done on the Mister’s Anniversary present, and I’m feeling a bit of relief that I will actually finish it by the deadline!
The secret quilt has been a different story altogether. I finally got the backing sewn together, and yesterday prepped all the pieces to be basted together. That’s when Mister pointed out that while I thought I had 6 blocks across and down, I actually had 5 across and 6 down. I had a moment of panic when I realized I designed and sewed my backing based on my bad math skills, but it turned out that I simply had to cut about 14″ off one side. Which sucked, because it meant I unnecessarily added a 13″ white stripe to make sure the quilt was wide enough to begin with. Ugh. The backing looks okay, I just REALLY need to start quadruple checking myself.
After a series of absolutely ridiculous mistakes yesterday, I finally got the quilt set up for thread basting, and basted one row before I had to put it away. I may get another row basted today, but then the rest of the day will be busy with appointments. Hopefully tomorrow I will finish basting it and start quilting by Thursday.
This weeks list:
Finish basting quilt and start quilting by ThursdayDone 5/2. Finish July Bee BlockDone 4/30 Do at least 3 hours of needlework per dayDone and completed anniversary present
To-Do as time allows (before May 22nd):
- Complete May and June Bee Blocks
After Summer List:
- Make the Skillbuilder Scrap Jar & Pincushion blocks
- Design VQR Quilt back
- Continue working on the How-To/Tips page for the Brother PQ-1500S
- Make the April Sugar Block Club block
- Make February Bag of the Month
- Make March Bag of the Month
- Make April Bag of the Month
- Make the Go-Go Bag for Callie
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using InLinkz linky below.
- Link up your To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky (below). The link up is open all week!
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment!
- Please feel free to grab the blog button to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday!
That’s it! Now let’s get sewing… or whatever there is to do on your list!