Happy Tuesday! This recent week was crazy! So many errands and unexpected events cropped up that I felt like a mad woman running around. It was my first week home after having resigned from my job and I thought it would be relaxing and give me a lot more time for sewing. *Cue hysterical laughter* Hopefully this next week will be calmer.
Despite the craziness of my days, I was able to spend the evenings watching the Craftsy class I will be reviewing for Sew Sweetness’ Craftsy Review Month.
I also had some time to pick out fabrics to make two clutches and I cut out all the pattern pieces and interfacings yesterday. My first choice of fabrics included a neutral home dec canvas type fabric that I found in the remnant sale bin at Hobby Lobby. Not only do I love the neutral tone, but I absolutely love that it has slivers of silver strands running through it. I tried to get some good pictures of the silver, but I’m not sure how well you can see it. I decided to use some silver Mirror Ball Dot fabric I have been hoarding for the interior. I also will be using the Mirror Ball Dot fabric as an accent on the front outer panel of the bag. When it is finished I am hoping this will look as spectacular as I envision it in my head!
The only thing I really dislike about this fabric is that it unravels way too easily. Which meant I needed to pull out my trusty serger and switch thread colors. Ugh. Thankfully it only took me about 5 minutes to do that since I used the thread tie-off method to pull the new threads through. I was glad to see that the serger didn’t pull threads in the fabric as serged them and now these pattern pieces now seem a lot more stable at the edges.
My second fabric pull is more my usual style. I tend to be drawn to edgier fabrics. Living in Lake Havasu City doesn’t bring about many occasions for dressing up, so I wanted to make a bag I could grab and use every day. That’s the last I’ll be talking about these clutches until after my review posts on March 23rd. I can’t give away any more sneak peeks until then as well!
I do have a super thrift score find to share this week. We wandered into Goodwill and as I rummaged through the craft section I found these sheathed Gingher 7″ shears. They cut like they are brand new! It’s not like I needed another pair since Mister bought me a brand new pair late last year and I just got my new Tula Pink ones. But, for $1.99 I couldn’t pass these up!
I hope you all have had a productive week too! Are you working on any new projects? Are you finishing up any UFOs or WIPs? I’d love to know what you’ve been working on!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Write a Finished Friday post for The Window Shopper Tote
- Finish both clutches
- Write Craftsy class review post
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!