Yay! I did it! I finished the quilting on the Churn Dash quilt and I couldn’t be more excited. I completely drug my feet getting this quilt done, and I can’t explain why other than I really did seem to lose my energy for this quilt halfway through. I do love the way the quilting turned out on it. Although, the quilting took more time to accomplish than I expected as I had to be very careful not to quilt myself into a corner. I ended up having to stop after finishing each flower swirl motif and plan where the next motif was going to be. I am so happy to be done with the quilting on this one. I sewed the binding to the front and have hand stitched down approximately 1/3 of the binding to the back. Two more evenings of stitching that and I’ll be done. I’m excited to have a Friday Finish post this week!
The picture above is a sneak peak of a quick secret project. I promised a friend an easy tutorial for a guest post. I spent Monday sewing and taking photos of the process, and hope to get the tutorial written and pictures edited and uploaded on Tuesday and sent to my friend by Wednesday.
In anticipation of getting started on my Christmas quilt, I pulled out my stack of Alpine fabrics. I can’t wait to get to work on this next quilt!! What have you been up to? Are you getting ready to start any holiday sewing?
This week’s To-Do list:
- Write guest post
- Finish stitching Churn Dash binding
- Start Christmas Quilt
- Write Finished Friday post
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!