I just about missed Tuesday! The kids are home and we’ve been busy running around getting ready for school. I didn’t have anything sewing related to post until UPS delivered a Fabric.com order. I’ve recently decided to make some bags to sell on Etsy, and have been looking for novelty fabrics. I have been gravitating toward pin-up/rockabilly fabrics.
Looking for unique fabrics on fabric.com I ran across some zombie prints, and an edgy halloween print. The moment I saw The Walking Dead prints I knew they would be perfect for bags! I regret not getting more of The Walking Dead Zombies print (they should actually be referred to as “Walkers”!) as that would make an amazing lining for the other two TWD prints. I may sneak it into the other bags as pocket linings and try to save enough of the print to make a bag out of it as well.
I also ordered some vinyl swatches as well as a red ostrich vinyl. The black vinyl was from our local Hospice thrift shop and I bought a yard and a half of it for $1.50!!! Yes!!! I find adding a faux leather to bags give them a really nice touch. That ruby sparkle vinyl?? LOVE it. I believe that would be an awesome accent for a rockabilly bag… What do you think?
Today I pulled out my favorite bag making books, and looked at all my .pdf bag patterns. I want to decide on three or four different bag patterns, ranging from small to large sizes, and make bags from them. I’m thinking a small clutch, a medium sized bag (I’ve decided on Sew Sweetness’ Rockstar Bag), a large zippered tote like Sew Sweetness’ Tudor pattern, and perhaps a vintage inspired handbag like the Vivian by Swoon Patterns.
I still have to complete my quilts before I can really get going on these bags. For now I’m still planning and preparing for a bunch of bag sewing sessions.
This week’s To-Do list:
- School Shopping
- Birthday shopping with Callie
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!