…before finishing the previous one. Because that’s what we quilter’s do! I was all set to finish the border for the 2014 Sugar Block Club quilt, and I cut most of the squares for it. I didn’t have enough of two of the prints, so I had to order them. They won’t be here for about a week and a half, so I had to put finishing that quilt on hold.
I did manage to make two more F Word Quilt blocks. Wild Rose & square and Big Dipper. The colors never come out quite right in the pictures. Those yellows are supposed to be the same color. It’s Art Gallery Fabrics Pure Elements in Honey. That’s what I get for taking pictures of my finished blocks at different times of the day!
I’ve been excited to make something with my two Grunge charm packs and a Kona Snow Jelly roll. I was going to make a simple square in a square (a Grunge square inside white), but decided to have a little more fun. I made a nine patch block with the Grunge charms and cut it into four squares. I decided to border the cut nine patch blocks with the Kona Snow jelly roll strips. I only have the blocks half way done. I keep looking at them and thinking they look a little like stained glass windows. So I’m calling this my Grungy Windows quilt. Hopefully I’ll have a flimsy finish by Thursday! How has your summer been? Have you been able to meet any of your goals? Sewing or otherwise? Or are you just enjoying the beautiful weather?! (That’s a worthy goal too!)
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish Grungy Windows flimsy top.
- Start Paradiso square in a square quilt.
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!