Happy Cinco de Mayo!! I’ve enjoyed some enchiladas, accompanied by some yummy Dos Equis. I should have had a margarita and may still a little later!
You may have noticed I skipped my To-Do Tuesday post last week. This time of year is particularly busy for the Mister and I, as we are preparing to high-tail it out of Arizona and away from the heat for the summer. I’ve been busy trying to get the Iron Man quilt completed before we leave. I’m really behind on helping get the house and motor home ready since I’m also working part-time this year. So the past couple of weeks I have just put my head down and focused on completing the quilt so I could free up my days off.
I completed the quilting on Sunday and sewed the binding to the front. I’m spending the evenings hand-stitching the binding to the back. I’m not in a big rush as it’s not due until June 14th. My goal was to get it shipped by the third week in May and I’m well ahead of schedule and now able to help Mister get everything ready to go.
I was considering putting the To-Do Tuesday posts on hold over the summer again, but since I’m bringing quilting projects to work on over the summer I’ve decided to keep the posts going. I’m bringing Maye, my Singer Featherweight along, and will only be working on making quilt tops. Sarah, of Georgia Girl Quilts, and I will be starting our F Word blocks up again. Woo Hoo! I’ll be finishing my 2014 Sugar Block Club blocks too. I also have a few other pre-cuts I’d like to turn into quick quilt tops. So I should be busy enough to keep To-Do Tuesday going!
How have your projects been coming along? Do you have plans for the summer? I can’t wait to read about them! Speaking of, I’m hoping to catch up on blog reading over the summer too!!
This week’s To-Do list:
- Finish binding Iron Man quilt
- Take pictures of quilt for later blog post
- Go over prep lists
- Assemble fabric and supplies for summer
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. You can link up Instagram photos now! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!