Did two weeks’ time just pass in a couple of days? No? It’s been just one week since last Tuesday? Are you sure?? It certainly feels like it’s been at least two weeks.
I don’t have update pictures this week so I am including pictures of some fabrics I picked up this week. A friend of mine told me about a local quilt shop that is only open on Thursdays and Saturdays, and it’s way out in the boonies. So far out in the boonies that they have a post card written up that includes the sentence, “Follow the Quilt Shop signs past the orchard, the chickens, and the garden.” FOR REAL. They have tons of batiks there, a great assortment of blenders, novelty fabrics (love the Metro Cafe and In The Kitchen text fabric that I found), a small selection of modern fabrics, and some 108″ wide backing. They have lots of patterns, notions, batting, and long arm services available too. After horrible experiences with another local quilt shop (that no longer has a brick-and-mortar shop) I was blown away at how friendly and enthusiastic the employees of this shop were. When I walked in they asked if I’d been there before. When I said no they gave me a tour of the whole shop! Super sweet ladies, and I will definitely be going there again! Also, I’m not a selvedge saver, but this selvedge?! I squealed out loud when I saw it. Coffee beans!!!
I did get my pattern hack post written, complete with step out photos, but that took up two full days of time. I have a brand new respect and appreciation for the people who write up patterns for us to use.
I also finished my Stepping Stones quilt blocks, but will not be able to complete last week’s assignment of assembling them into quilt tops. I started testing the new bag pattern, and got hung up in the middle of construction. My new grommet die for my press had some damage from machining, and so it would not set my grommets properly. I contacted the store where I ordered them from, and they are sending a replacement die. I’m a little stressed, because I have to have this bag done, comments written, and photos submitted by May 5th. I don’t like sending them at the last minute, so I’m hopeful I’ll get the die set quickly. I am still continuing on with rest of the bag construction, but I will not be able to fully assemble it until I get the new parts.
Since I’ve been focused on completing my bag projects by their deadlines, I have set aside the quilts until I get this current bag done. Then I will concentrate on finishing up the quilts.
How about you? How was your week? What’s on your list for this week?
This week’s To-Do list:
- Hope the new grommet die arrives quickly and finish the test bag
- Continue on with Stepping Stones QAL
Now it’s your turn! Write up your post and link up using the InLinkz linky below.
- Link up to this To-Do Tuesday blog post using the InLinkz linky below. Don’t forget: you can link up Instagram photos! The link up is open all week, and you can link any post for the week even if it’s written on the prior Sunday or Monday. It simply needs to be related to setting, working on, and/or completing your weekly goal(s).
- Try to visit at least one or two other blogs and leave a nice comment.
- Include a link back to my blog. Feel free to grab the blog button from the sidebar to show that you’re participating in To-Do Tuesday.
- You do not have to follow my blog to participate, but if you do decide to follow me… thank you! I appreciate it!